Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Spotlight on an unlimited..?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Spotlight on an unlimited..?

I need to mount a remote spotlight for search and rescue work but am at a bit of a loss where/how to mount it..?

The best I've been able to come up with is to have a custom windshield mount built with a tab in the center for the remote spot (looking at units from GoLight currently) and mount additional emergency lights or off-road lights on either side... KMA Fab has told me they could build one for a reasonable price, I've seen some of their other work and it seems like that might work well.

Has anyone attempted anything like that?

Any other ideas?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm currently planning on using the GoLight Stryker

Durable, Versatile, Powerful... Guaranteed!

• Exclusive Cr5 Pentabeam™ II Technology
• Wireless Remote Controlled Operation
• 370° Rotation x 135° Tilt
• 500,000 Candle Power, 5.5 Amps
• UV Ray and Saltwater Resistant
• Integrated 12V DC High-Torque Motors
• Weatherproof for Land and Sea Applications
• Waterproof Remote Transmitters
• R.F. Programmable Super Heterodyne Receiver
• 5-Year Limited Warranty

Revolutionary Installation Features:
• Exclusive Wireless Dash-Mount Remote Option
— Eliminates the Need for Running a Wiring Harness!
• Innovative Mounting Plate with Clamping Interphase
— Saves Time with a Simple, Two-Step Installation

Rockguard Cover & Stainless Steel Mounting System Included!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Default Code3 Night Probe

Here is another option for you. Check out the Code3 Night probe.

code3pse.com/productdtl.jsp?grp=cd3&familyid=2&id=8

Last edited by sm_rubi; 05-05-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Please refrain from posting direct links to companies who are not sponsors of Project-JK.com
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OhhSeven
Here is another option for you. Check out the Code3 Night probe.

code3pse.com/productdtl.jsp?grp=cd3&familyid=2&id=8
Interesting, I hadn't seen this one... THANKS!!!

Still trying to figure out the right approach. The challenge is the base of these units are pretty large requiring a large amount of space on a light bar since we can't mount to the roof.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I'm waiting to get a set of flat fenders and then I plan on mounting one on the passenger fender to start. The part I like about the Code3 light is it folds down so it has a lower profile than most other lights I've seen.

I got the idea from a Border Patrol concept Hummer that was in one of the off road magazines a couple of years ago. They had multiple lights mounted on a roof rack and each of the occupants could remotely control a light seperatly so they could cover more ground while searching an area.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default GoLight Stryker

The cool part about running a Golight, is they offer magnetic mounting and also suction cup mounting; both of which will mount to the hood of a JK.

The Golight Stryker also offers a IR cover, which then allows you to run them with helmet-mounted Night Vision Goggles. That's great for night hunting of 2 or 4-legged game.

Because they are remote... you can steer the light where you want it. I have the passenger keep the light turned into the upcoming turns at speed. (closed course... don't try this on open public roads)

When not needed, the Golight detaches from the hood and I toss it in the trunk, secured. IR cover(s) stay in glove box, with wireless remote(s).

I always have at least one Golight in the trunk, and have ran up to 3 Golights, for technical driving under Night Vision.
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	255
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	600920
Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GadgetPhreak
I need to mount a remote spotlight for search and rescue work but am at a bit of a loss where/how to mount it..?

The best I've been able to come up with is to have a custom windshield mount built with a tab in the center for the remote spot (looking at units from GoLight currently) and mount additional emergency lights or off-road lights on either side... KMA Fab has told me they could build one for a reasonable price, I've seen some of their other work and it seems like that might work well.

Has anyone attempted anything like that?

Any other ideas?
Have you thought about getting brackets for a 50" light bar and have someone make a mounting plata across and have lights turned all the over the place. I have seen some HID long range spot lights that a buddy of mine has that plugs inro the 12v and he uses his hand to hold. Extremely bright.

The same conceppt you can use with a good roof rack, have lights mounted 360 degrees all over it. ( which would be the best bet imo )

Quick Reply: Remote Spotlight on an unlimited..?