Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remote Keyless entry change...

Old 07-09-2007 | 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Keyless entry change...

If I could change one thing about the remote keyless entry and alarm, I want it to also lock the center console when I use it. It seems like a simple change but I have only a vague idea of where to start.

With this, why not add the glove box to it while I'm at it?

Last edited by JK-Nick; 07-09-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-25-2007 | 01:55 AM
JK Freak

Would be cool if the glove box and center console would lock with the remote...always locking them manually when i have the top off.
Old 07-25-2007 | 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grant211
I like the idea!

The only con thing about it that I can think of is if you leave your doors unlocked and somebody opens the door, they can just hit the unlock button to open up the glove box.
Thats a pretty weak con though
That is a very Strong Con... The electric unlock would be self-defeating. If the top is off, they simply unlock it and go. If it is manually locked they have to break into it.
Old 07-25-2007 | 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default box

Originally Posted by Grant211
I like the idea!

The only con thing about it that I can think of is if you leave your doors unlocked and somebody opens the door, they can just hit the unlock button to open up the glove box.
Thats a pretty weak con though
I think its still a good idea... locks only keep honest people honest...

lets face it, on my TJ, its a PLASTIC lock, I assume the JK uses a plastic cover on the glove box too..

A small crow bar would make about 10 seconds worth of work for your glove box...

if they have your key unlock fob, u have bigger problems...

You would need to design a locking mechanism similar to the door locks, then just split it off say the passenger door lock at the wiring harness

it could be done, but it would be a lot of work..

ohh, and the roof unzips... so yea...

you could wire in a 1 way diode so that to lock / unlock the glove box u need the key fob. or use a seperate one...
Old 07-27-2007 | 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

they also don't unlock if you have your windows down just enuff to stick your arm in (or a stick) and hit the unlock button...

Quick Reply: Remote Keyless entry change...