Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Remot not working

Old 05-29-2020, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remot not working

hey guys, So I've been looking through the forums to see if anyone had the same problem but I cant seem to find any. I have a 08 JK, I was going out of town for a few weeks so I removed the negative terminal of my battery. When I got back, my remote would not lock/unlock the car anymore. I was having the same issue with my spare key as well. Central locking from the doors work just fine and both keys can be used to start the car. Occasionally, when I'm driving the red alarm light on the dashboard will go off and it will beep. Tried checking all the fuses that seem to be related to the keys/starting the car ( to my minimal expertise) they all seem fine and when I replaced them with other fuses with the same amps, it didn't solve the issue. I'm assuming it could be a programming issue ? Called the dealer and they wanted to charge me $300 just to take a look at the car. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !
Old 06-18-2020, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had kinda the same problem on a 08. Mine had to do with the molding around the ignition Key hole. IT was not lined up with the round silver key insert. When I moved it to line it up the silver Silver key insert popped out a little and my remote worked again, but I had dinging all the time until I shut the driver door weather the key was in the ignition or not. Just a thought good luck
Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Sometimes it's possible to get the vehicle to recognize a key that was programmed to it by following one of the following processes. Have a look here, you could try the method listed for Dodge as well as the Dodge key fob is the same as the Jeeps.

https://www.plazacdjroforangeburg.co...-jeep-key-fob/

Quick Reply: Remot not working