Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

recon led turn light's question

Old 12-28-2010, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recon led turn light's question

any one know if the recon led comes in stock color
or do the smoke caps come off i'm looking for that stock look but want the led look to i'm thinking about buying the clear ones and painting them orange
Old 01-15-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

any body know what kinda paint ?i can use
Old 01-16-2011, 02:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could try removing the clear or smoke lenses by backing them in the over for a few minutes to loosen up the adhesive.
Actually, I wouldn't recommend the Recon lights in the first place. I purchased a set a few years back (photos in my gallery) and they were great at first. The customer service at Recon was great too (for the ordering process, not after sales support), I just feel they needed a little more R&D put into these lights before they released them. It's the connector from the light to the vehicle wiring harness. It's not very weather resistant. The location of the plug exposes it to the elements. It's not weather proof at all! It caused my wiring harness to corrode about five inches up the harness on one side. I replaced the wiring and tried to waterproof it with some epoxy, but it was a lost cause. Then the where the wiring enters the light all three wires corroded off completely. So I took the light apart to try to fix it. In the end I just put my stock lights back in and cut my losses. They did look great when they were working though. Maybe they have redesigned the lights since then, but I have never heard back from my emails to them. I hope that helps you out. Good luck with your mod.

Quick Reply: recon led turn light's question