Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Recon front turn signal help

Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon front turn signal help

Hoping someone knows a way to get my recon LED front turn signals to flash at the correct speed. they flash very fast which i have learned is because they draw such low amperage the jeep thinks i have a burned out bulb. really dont want to use the big hot load resistors that came with the kit. Is there another fix?

Last edited by Larrysdad; 08-14-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larrysdad
Hoping someone knows a way to get my recon LED front turn signals to flash at the correct speed. they flash very fast which i have learned is because thr draw such low amperage the jeep thinks i have a burned out bulb. really dont want to use the big hot load resistors that came with the kit. Is there another fix?
The only fix is to put something with high resistance in the circuit. All devices which do this will create heat. However, instead of the load resistors, you can use a small incandescent bulb which will create a little less heat since it is also using energy to create light. I guess you could stick it inside the grille area somewhere so you don't see it.

Autozone sometimes has load resistors that are smaller than most. Though they also get very hot. $10 for a set of 2.

On my buddy's CJ when we swapped to LED tails we added incandescent rear side markers to the circuit to provide the needed load.

Quick Reply: Recon front turn signal help