Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Recommended audio upgrades

Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommended audio upgrades

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 JK 4dr with stock audio pkg (Sirius and single cd) plus subwoofer. I'd like to upgrade the speaker system and no nothing about audio electronics. I can modify the mechanical parts of the jeep on my own but electronics/audio is foreign to me.
It would be great to hear suggestions to include manufacture/distributor for the overhead, tweeters, etc speakers that will make a difference with the stock radio.
Thanks everyone.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many on this forum have replaced the front and sound bar speakers with Kicker upgrades. The model number is 77KICK10. They are widely available. They are two way speakers. Much cleaner sound and more power for a relatively small price. There are numerous install write ups on the forum. Installation differs depending on whether you have a 2011 and later or an earlier JK.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced mine in my JK12 with Polk dxi650s 6.5" speakers all the way around. I left my stock head unit and tweeters alone. I think there's a huge sound improvement for very little money. I bought them from Crutchfield with free shipping, adapters and wiring harnesses.

Last edited by lanslide; 09-26-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Recommended audio upgrades