Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Recent codes

Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Recent codes

Hopped in my 2013 jku and nothing . luckily had one of those small booster packs ...needed again to get home and on way home, dash acting like a xmas tree and upon arriving home this is what my FIXD tells me P0573, U1408, B210B all fall in the category of brake switch. Any thoughts on a starting point to start the fault finding on this one.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Starting point is getting that battery fully charged and tested IMO. Our JKs have a tendency to light up all crazy with weak batteries. That would be my starting point, then clear codes and see if they come back.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Starting point is getting that battery fully charged and tested IMO. Our JKs have a tendency to light up all crazy with weak batteries. That would be my starting point, then clear codes and see if they come back.
This^^. It is well documented that our jeep dashboards can light up light demonic Christmas trees when the battery is dead or dying, or if there are loose connections. The stock batteries are known to have a high failure rate at an early age. Mine died at the 2-year mark and my dash went crazy after I jump started it. Lights going on and off, tachometer doing crazy things. I replaced the battery which instantly solved the problem. Many have had similar experiences.

Quick Reply: Recent codes