Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rear view mirror/camera

Old 06-17-2022, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear view mirror/camera

With my cargo rack and spare tire, my rearview mirror is completely useless. So I was thinking about getting one of those rearview mirror screens that is connected to a camera. Anyone done this and have recommendations for the brand and installation tips and tricks?
Old 06-17-2022, 08:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought this Camera I have it wired to this switch unit so i can turn it on whenever i want, not just in reverse. A lot of times I'll run it at night since it has a wider view i can see if there are cars just off the rear quart panels.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I went with this brand of mirror rear view camera. It was an easy install and front and rear dash cams built in.
FullVUE® Rear Camera Mirror for Jeep Wrangler (JK/JL) / Gladiator (JT) 2007-2021 FVMR-8886 - Brandmotion

Before

After

Rear with reverse guidelines.

Front view night time

Rear view nighttime in reverse.

Split view

If you look around on the internet you can find it a little cheaper. I have had it on for about 2 years now and still like having it. It really makes lane changes a lot more easier.

Last edited by Moodyalaskan; 06-19-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added picture and fixed spelling
The following users liked this post:
Sixty4x4 (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 425 Posts

Like that FullVue setup.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moodyalaskan
I went with this brand of mirror rear view camera. It was an easy install and front and rear dash cams built in.
FullVUE® Rear Camera Mirror for Jeep Wrangler (JK/JL) / Gladiator (JT) 2007-2021 FVMR-8886 - Brandmotion

Before

After

Rear with reverse guidelines.

Front view night time

Rear view nighttime in reverse.

Split view

If you look around on the internet you can find it a little cheaper. I have had it on for about 2 years now and still like having it. It really makes lane changes a lot more easier.
Are the grid lines accurate? I’ve heard they’re not centered well.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Would it be possible to get a picture of the mirror showing an obstacle in the back of the vehicle and then one outside the vehicle showing the actual distance?

Quick Reply: Rear view mirror/camera