Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rear speakers/subwoofer suddenly stopped working

Old 05-28-2021, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rear speakers/subwoofer suddenly stopped working

I installed a new Kenwood head unit about a year ago. Everything worked great until a couple of days ago when the sound bar speakers and sub stopped working. I checked the fuses and wiring and everything is good.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 05-28-2021, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 380 Likes on 355 Posts

If you kept the OE unit; I would put it back in and test the speakers .. are all the speakers not working... do you have a separate amp or is the sub a powered unit. If all speakers are not working and it is a powered sub MO is the head unit has a failure.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
If you kept the OE unit; I would put it back in and test the speakers .. are all the speakers not working... do you have a separate amp or is the sub a powered unit. If all speakers are not working and it is a powered sub MO is the head unit has a failure.
thanks for the reply! It’s just the speakers on the soundbar and subwoofer. I only replaced the head unit when I put it in. The speakers and amp are stock Alpine. I’d rather not put the old head unit back in. It would require changing out the wiring harness and re-soldering.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Did you ever find a solution? My buddy’s JK is having the exact same issue. Had a Stinger unit put in a few months ago and out of nowhere while driving the sound bar subwoofers and the subwoofer in the trunk stopped working. Getting power to the soundbar harness but no sound.

Quick Reply: Rear speakers/subwoofer suddenly stopped working