Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

rear speaker splice/new HU

Old 02-09-2008, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker splice/new HU

I installed a new deck, ran all my own wires front to back, new amps and new sub... now I'm trying to figure out which wires to splice to get the sound bar speaks running off of the deck, I didn't want to run all new wire to it, it was bad enough doing the fronts and amps...

I checked all the lines coming from the factory amp harness and cannot get any sound to the rear this way. is there a powered module somewhere further up the line that I'm missing?
do the lines from the factory amp harness go directly to the speakers?

It sounds great with just the new front components, new tweets made a huge difference. but I still want the rears for more mid.

anyone else running the sound bar speakers from a new head unit please post what you did.

thx, Steve
Old 02-09-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock infinity system?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup, infinity system.
the harness I'm talking about is the one that comes from the amp and what I thought went to the speakers, it doesnt make any sense why it wouldnt work, unless there is something wrong with my deck or I'm totally missing something

Quick Reply: rear speaker splice/new HU