Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rear seat DVD

Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat DVD

I have a 2011 Sahara with the factory stereo, touchscreen with the DVD player. It plays through the front screen in park but I wanted to see if any one had hooked up a rear screen so back seat passengers could watch while the vehicle was in motion. I assume it's possible because I believe it's the same system as the commander and Cherokee but I could not find anything online.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Jatrain
I have a 2011 Sahara with the factory stereo, touchscreen with the DVD player. It plays through the front screen in park but I wanted to see if any one had hooked up a rear screen so back seat passengers could watch while the vehicle was in motion. I assume it's possible because I believe it's the same system as the commander and Cherokee but I could not find anything online.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Yes, I've done this. There is a connector on the back of the radio that doesn't get connected on the JK. Within that connector there are 2 pins which are a composite video out. Run some wires from those 2 pins to the composite video in of some rear displays and you're good to go.

Quick Reply: Rear seat DVD