Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Re-use stock fog light wiring

Old 02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The FabFour bumper mounted Hella 90mm fogs are indeed 55w H7 bulbs, I removed one to see.
I've never had a problem with them with the stock fog light wiring.
Thought about adding a relay to be triggered off the factory wire, but they always work perfectly, and there is no need to increase the wattage as they are sufficiently bright for true fog lights.
Since I've got the Cibie headlights with the Osram 80/85 bulbs there is no real reason to run them anyway except in very heavy fog with the low beams off.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you guys happen to know on the OEM foglight wiring which wire is the hot? I want to wire it up like you described with the hot triggering the foglight relay so I can still use the factory foglight switch.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more explanation...not electrically inclined

I know Happy Curmudgeon has posted a thread and Schematic on this board but I don't understand which wire to use from Delta fog light harness to tap into the hot wire from the OEM factory harness...a more detailed explanation would be helpful...maybe with photos?? I am new to this forum but not new to Jeep Life (My 2007 Jeep Sahara Unlimited is my 9th Jeep...all of which I modified) so I am really glad I found this site....I will also be searching for help on running wires for my new Warn remote control fog lights on a windshield mount....I know this is all old stuff but I appreciate the members patience and help!

Quick Reply: Re-use stock fog light wiring