Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Random chime

Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I discovered if your steering wheel is not centered properly, sometimes the ESP will think you're in a skid and will chime briefly. I've spotted my dash light flash for a nanosecond when this happens.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
I discovered if your steering wheel is not centered properly, sometimes the ESP will think you're in a skid and will chime briefly. I've spotted my dash light flash for a nanosecond when this happens.
One of the first mods I did with my 2011 JKU was to pop out the instrument cluster and surgically remove the chiming beast with pliers! There is a terrific write up somewhere with lots of pictures and advice. As nervous as I was when I did this to a brand new vehicle, I have never regretted it. The radio can be played with the doors open and no obnoxious reminder for the seat belts which I ALWAYS wear. I say go for it!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mgbmac

One of the first mods I did with my 2011 JKU was to pop out the instrument cluster and surgically remove the chiming beast with pliers! There is a terrific write up somewhere with lots of pictures and advice. As nervous as I was when I did this to a brand new vehicle, I have never regretted it. The radio can be played with the doors open and no obnoxious reminder for the seat belts which I ALWAYS wear. I say go for it!
The seatbelt chime can simply be turned off, by doing a key ignition combo and inserting/removing the seatbelt a few times.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
I know...lol...lots of space there.....So Manuals don't have fluid in the 4X4 Transmissions?
I do not believe trans temp is read on the manual, only the auto.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by areeves65

I'm not saying that's it but that's when I started noticing mine... I've been monitoring my trans oil temp like others mentioned above on recalls from Chrysler but my temp never exceeds 175ish sometimes 180 or so if I'm wheeling hard.

I'm installing a generic trans cooler from B&M sometime in the next couple of weeks just to be safe.
I did the B&M cooler install last summer. Came out nice! I'm having trouble reading my tran temps. Ron @ superchips is working on getting it fixed.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ignatius504

I did the B&M cooler install last summer. Came out nice! I'm having trouble reading my tran temps. Ron @ superchips is working on getting it fixed.
Awesome maybe when I get mine I can get some tips from you!? Lol hope you get the temp issue resolved.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joe002
Do you have an AeroForce Interceptor?
Jeep started chiming shortly after i installed my gauges. Youve got me thinking now.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by areeves65

Awesome maybe when I get mine I can get some tips from you!? Lol hope you get the temp issue resolved.
No problem. I can take some pics also..
Old 01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ignatius504

No problem. I can take some pics also..
That'd be sweet!! Sorry didn't mean to hi jack your thread.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to got down a different road here. I got mine out on some rough washboard roads this weekend and got the "mystery Chime". I was mostly in 2wd and it has been indicated to me that it is probably the traction control chime because of the washboard. ?? Seems to make sense ??

Quick Reply: Random chime