Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Rain and Jeeps Dont Mix

Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Everything should return to normal once it dries out. However, I should point out that my Jeep gets a little crazy sometimes for a few days until the carpet has completely dried--seems to be related to the humidity at that point.
Carpet? We don't need no stinkin' carpet!

As for water pooling on the softtop--I've not had it be so bad that it was a concern unless I was parked. Then there was quite a bit of water up there. Softtop does not seem to suffer after the water drains/evaporates. You can pick up some after-market bows to put up there if it concerns you.
Rome, I've never seen one of these used in the rearward portion of a soft top (nor do I have a water pooling problem there), but there is no reason you couldn't install a bow for the remedy as Mark's suggested.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/skid-row-top-prop-85901/
Old 06-21-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seem to remember someone using one of those swimming noodle things as a 'helper bow' under their soft top. Just stick one up there that is long enough to give a little lift to the top and you have not only fixed the water pooling problem but you always have a swim toy available.

It's just something I think I read, I really don't remember but it sounds plauseable. I don't have water pooling problems with my soft top, so it's not something I ever bothered to look into, but it sounds like a cheap fix, and if it doesn't work how much could you be out, and you still have a brand new noodle.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No self respecting JK man would use a noodle for any sort of repair.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wTheOnew
That little bit of water shouldn't have caused any harm. I've driven around in downpours with the top completely off with anough water in the JK that my feet were under water and I would have to wipe the radio off with a towel to be able to read it. Also had to wipe the inside of the window, 'why aren't the wipers doing anything??? oooohhh'...

x2, on the are you sure no one set it off? If it is a problem, I doubt it was the rain's fault.
The part about the wipers is hilarious
Old 06-22-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

It dried really fast yesterday. Finally a sunny day in Ohio.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

There's a quick trick every JK owner should know...disconnect the battery and hold the 2 terminal wires together (NOT THE BATTERY POWER). Holding these 2 terminals together without power drains the computer of power and sets it back to default, clearing any DTC's, and allowing it to re-learn everything like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Quick Reply: Rain and Jeeps Dont Mix