Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Radio display turns off then back on when fan turns on

Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Radio display turns off then back on when fan turns on

My Jeep has done this for quite sometime now. Anytime the engine fan turns on the radio display turns off then back on again(and stays on). Also seems to do this randomly when im driving sometimes too. I just put in a new Odyssey battery. It never did this when stock but since adding lighting,winch,cb,onboard air.

A friend of mine has a TJ and had the same problem. He replaced some of his wiring with new 1 OT gauge wire to starter,alternator to fuse box(4awg),battery to fuse box,neg batt terminal to engine block bolt and this fixed his radio flicker problem. I don't recall seeing a wire going from the neg batt terminal to engine block on JK's but could have missed it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the solution was?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My radio display went out tonight after I stopped to grab some soda for work. I got back in and started it up and nothing. I have no aftermarket additions, so I'm stumped and pissed.

Quick Reply: Radio display turns off then back on when fan turns on