Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

quick BATTERY size questions

Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks you guys!!!!!! You're ALL great!!!!

Love this forum and it's members always so helpful..,,, thx again everyone.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The November Consumer Report mag had a rather extensive battery test and results with recommendations. I was wanting the Sears Platinum but the $219 price tag was a bit too steep even with the 4 year replacement warranty. The Sears Gold scored very well. I ended up with a NAPA battery from the local NAPA guy (3 miles away). BTW, K Mart carries Die Hard batteries as they are owned by Sears (or vice versa) Also, I do believe Sears has a battery sale going on right now. Good luck
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks..... Kmart long gone from this area and the nearest Sears over an hour away.... I'm in Kitchener Ontario Canada.... But really liking the reviews on the Sears diehard platinum.
Thx again
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

I went to 2 different places today and the Interstate place had a yellow top Optima and it said made by Johnsons Control or something with a 3 yr replacement warranty. The next place yellow top 1 yr replacement made by Optima? What gives?? Does this make sense.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I went to 2 different places today and the Interstate place had a yellow top Optima and it said made by Johnsons Control or something with a 3 yr replacement warranty. The next place yellow top 1 yr replacement made by Optima? What gives?? Does this make sense.
Bump for this question too thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
They come with a 3 year replacement warranty
Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

They come with a 3 year replacement warranty
The one place said 3 yr the other said 1 !!!! Won't be buying there..... Yellow Top probably not either ....., odyssey

Quick Reply: quick BATTERY size questions