Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question for choosing lught.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

The OE headlights don't do that great of a job keeping themselves clear of ice and snow. Not like the old school seald beams. And the flicker problem can be solved.
They obviously do a better job than the owners of leds have said.

We get a lot of wet sloppy snow here and my stock lights clear. I would say the truck light and j w would not stand a chance.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the jw speakers installed for a month and any heavy accumulation of snow just packs onto the headlights and you have to be mindful to clear it off before driving, or you won't have much light at all. That's the only negative. The flicker I fixed by purchasing a harness that draws the power straight from battery, I put harness on when I installed lights.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vitodivita
I've had the jw speakers installed for a month and any heavy accumulation of snow just packs onto the headlights and you have to be mindful to clear it off before driving, or you won't have much light at all. That's the only negative. The flicker I fixed by purchasing a harness that draws the power straight from battery, I put harness on when I installed lights.
Yep. A huge issue for me when we have rain/snow mixed for hrs. I do not have to clear my stock lights off at all. They heat up enough to clear the wet slop that falls here.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by White Ghost
I have been reading a lot and hear how you can't see as far with LED, if you get the to blue HID's it's harder to see as far also. So my question is my wife has a hard time driving at night what is the best light out there rather it be standard bulb, LED, or HID head light and fog lights.
I use Piaa bulbs they are amazing and cheap
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jp3792

I use Piaa bulbs they are amazing and cheap
Piaa bulbs cheap? Not where I live. 120 bucks a pair. I got my Phillips extra power for half that.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack

Piaa bulbs cheap? Not where I live. 120 bucks a pair. I got my Phillips extra power for half that.
64$ my price

Quick Reply: Question for choosing lught.