Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Question about installing MYGIG radio

Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron97
I second the chart idea...

To put a list together of which Model # works with which years and what stereo options (ie. infinity) and then have it placed as a sticky.. I have the infinity system and during my research, the only conclusive info i could on RBZ vs year was going to be whether or not the SW Controls would work or not. No actual mention of whether. Personally, i wouldn't think that having infinity or non-infinity would matter to the head unit, but it could i suppose.

RBZ (2009) P05064678AE -- 2011 JKU+Infinity, Did Not Work.
Yeah, it definitely could make a difference but like I originally mentioned, that is one thing I am not sure about since I have no experience with the RBZ radios.

I'm not even sure why you would want an RBZ? Is it strictly about the price? I would go with at least an RER, that way you would know it's compatible with our without Infinity, and you get Navigation to boot. Personally, I don't have much use for a touch screen radio if it doesn't have navigation.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a RER also. That RBZ does not have Navigation and it cannot be added to it. for just a little more cash you can get the NAV unit. I know for a fact that the RER will work in your jeep and it doesn't care if you have the infinity system or not. I have hooked them up both ways.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone successfully added an RBZ that was manufactured in 2011-2012 to a 2011 JK with the infinity system? I saw someone added an RBZ P05064879AG to a 2011 JK, but unsure if they had the Infinity system or not.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'm not even sure why you would want an RBZ? Is it strictly about the price? I would go with at least an RER, that way you would know it's compatible with our without Infinity, and you get Navigation to boot. Personally, I don't have much use for a touch screen radio if it doesn't have navigation.
I cant speak for others that want the RBZ, but for me and my situation, it is money and usability. I am overseas in Korea and will be for a couple years. So the Nav is a waste of money because i wont be able to use it and even if i did get maps for it, they wouldn't be in English or up to date.. I wanted the RBZ because it looks better than my RES and because i am in Korea, i have to play my own music, so the hard-drive storage feature would have been great.

Here is my fix... Just finished installing an aftermarket unit.

Last edited by aaron97; 05-29-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

I agree! The difference between the Nav and not is approx $500.00! I'm in it for the storage.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Newbie

Well I successfully added a REN #5064759AC (+RHC) to an 07 JK with infinity system no sw controls. Plug and play worked perfect. It came out of a dodge ram and after a few min , it changed its own pic to Jeep. Quite impressed!

Quick Reply: Question about installing MYGIG radio