Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

questio:EXTRA LED LIGHTS TO MAP LIGHTS ON 2012

Old 07-05-2013, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questio:EXTRA LED LIGHTS TO MAP LIGHTS ON 2012

Would like to add two superled bolt style lights to the maplights on 2012 JK unlimited. Are there wires to tap into or do I have to solder to circuit board? Does the dome light on the 2012 remove like earlier units? Talking about map lights on front dome light that have on/off switches

Last edited by CLOTAGAMES; 07-05-2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default got them in

Well answered my own question-took sound bar down with 6 10mm bolts-unplugged on passenger side. Snap off dome cover light and dome light held on by 1 torx #10 screw. Solder the wires to back circuit of dome light. Grounds to where brown wire comes in and positive to middle lead from each on/off switch. Works great.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Wire harness under the dash?

Cool. I was thinking about doing something similar to my 12 2DR. The dome light sucks, and if you drop something up front forget finding it at night. I wanted to put some led lighting up under the dash panel that would go on with the dome light. Does anybody know where I can tap into those wires up under the dash?

Quick Reply: questio:EXTRA LED LIGHTS TO MAP LIGHTS ON 2012