Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Putco P12015 LED headlights, anyone have them?

Old 12-03-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Putco P12015 LED headlights, anyone have them?

I want to upgrade the poor OEM headlights on my 2015 Rubi Hard Rock with LED's. My wife's 1997 Honda CRV has better headlights. Since my JK is Billet Silver with Blk fenders,hard top,vent shades, bug deflector and bumpers, I like the looks of these LED's because of the Blk and light output. I do live in the midwest, but am told they will warm up enough to prevent ice build up due to the surrounding metal which acts as a heatsink. Also concerned about cleaning road kill bugs that are abundant during the Summer months. At $700+ they are pricey. I would like to hear from JK Owners reguarding their experience with LED headlights of any brand/price.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw these at their booth at SEMA and they had them hooked up to power with a couple switches for high and low beams...they seem bright, but I wasn't terribly impressed by the pattern. Although they weren't aimed at a good surface to really tell.

I have ORA Nightgaurd (I think that's the name) and I love them. Not sure other drivers love them so much, but I think they look great and they perform very well. They are labeled under several different brand names and have been discussed here at length with pictures if you search.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those putco lights suck, bad. Go on YouTube and check out headlight revolutions channel. They just did a test on the most popular lights.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would buy truck lite LED heated lights if I were you, the best beam and heated for winter.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Truck-Lite LED

Originally Posted by Kojack
I would buy truck lite LED heated lights if I were you, the best beam and heated for winter.
I think that is the way I'll go. Any suggestions as to where to buy them or are the pretty much the same $ everywhere?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah... that far up north, get the heated Truck-lites... they are $300 a piece and you may need the PWM harness which is around $60 for the pair... so like $660 total.

If you don't need the heating, then a pair of Truck-Lites with the PWM harness can be had for around $380 or so.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jedg
Yeah... that far up north, get the heated Truck-lites... they are $300 a piece and you may need the PWM harness which is around $60 for the pair... so like $660 total.

If you don't need the heating, then a pair of Truck-Lites with the PWM harness can be had for around $380 or so.
HUH $660 for 2 stinking head lights that won't ice over.
If someone can send me the contact info for people that would do that just to get better illumination than the stock lights then I'd be able to make millions selling stupid silly things too.
About to retire and man I didn't realize there's that much money sitting around just waiting to be thrown away out there.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
HUH $660 for 2 stinking head lights that won't ice over.
If someone can send me the contact info for people that would do that just to get better illumination than the stock lights then I'd be able to make millions selling stupid silly things too.
About to retire and man I didn't realize there's that much money sitting around just waiting to be thrown away out there.
hahaha... to each their own. There's certainly a market for them.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:38 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by jedg

hahaha... to each their own. There's certainly a market for them.
Yah and my magic beans and snake oil will get yuh 55 mpg. Only $110 per quart.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the non heated ones. I am trying a halogen setup soon because I want ice melt capability for winters here. If that works and I like the light, I'm going to sell my truck lites.

Quick Reply: Putco P12015 LED headlights, anyone have them?