Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Protect headunit from dust and water

Old 09-23-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I had responded to this, but don't see the response. Yes, its shipping now, but we don't have other colors yet...hope to in the future.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

This would be great if you could source some darker colors closer to the dash color.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a good idea! I seen it on FB before
Old 09-24-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea! +1 on a darker color. I've had the doors off for months so I try not to do anything to draw any additional attention.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Davesrb
As someone who keeps the top off 9 months of the year, I think it is a good idea. I use a piece of plastic/ cloth from a kayak sprayskirt with a few bean bags stapled to the top corners. It does not protect the sides but lets water run off. As with all products, price point will be your challenge.....
The product went to market and has enjoyed a favorable response. You are right about the price point, and we have it at $15 + shipping, so I think its reasonable. The Dashboard Condom rolls up into a small 4" x 4" x approx. 3/4" package and can store in your glove box until needed. Check out Dashboard Condom | Patent Pending 61/844,496
Old 09-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Cool product!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
Awesome...I had the same concept idea a few years ago but never pursued it like you did. I had the exact concept only instead of latex. I was proposing to use Denier Nylon just like the material in my waterproof Marathon Seat Covers. I even approached the company with my idea and to see if they would custom make me one but it never went further...I built a crude prototype as well. I would love to try your product out. How resilient is the latex rubber? It would seem that it would tear easily and then be useless. I will gladly be your test subject if you want to send me one !
The latex is military grade, but isn't intended to be an everyday solution. That said I recently asked a guy who uses a dashboard condom to wrap his CB and it is holding up well. It has a decent thickness to it and should last a while. I had originally thought of doing them with a much thinner latex and selling them in 3 or 12 packs...more disposable, but this thicker military grade latex is pretty tough. Order one and check it out. I would love your feedback/opinions!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mountainbikeguy
Great idea! +1 on a darker color. I've had the doors off for months so I try not to do anything to draw any additional attention.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
I have had several requests for darker colors and am trying to source the material. Its a numbers game, so the product will evolve based on this kind of feedback. Thanks for the input!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Add me in for the darker color!

Quick Reply: Protect headunit from dust and water