Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

programming computer

Old 01-31-2009, 02:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programming computer

Is there any software out there that can make your laptop do the same thing as the hypertech programmers?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianJK
Is there any software out there that can make your laptop do the same thing as the hypertech programmers?
Yes, there is, but it costs about $6000. It's the software that people like Hypertech use to make their units. It's basically an OBD/CAN communications software that allows you to do bidirectional read/write to the CAN system. I did some research into it and found all the things you need, but its pretty outrageously priced. They don't intend it for normal users. It's intended for shops to do in-depth programming/analysis or manufacturers.

There might be other/cheaper software out there, but I didn't find any when I was looking.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AEV has their new pro cal (?) out. And you could check on the Aeroforce gauge as well, depending on your wants. Even if you have the bi-directional communication with the canbus, I would think (read I don't know) if you could really screw it up not understanding all of the relations and setting paramaters.

Quick Reply: programming computer