Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with Stock Radio and Thumb Drive 2015 Wrangler Sport

Old 01-11-2016, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Stock Radio and Thumb Drive 2015 Wrangler Sport

I am not sure of the radio model number but it a basic cd, Siriurs, and MP3. No screen. If I try to do a random shuffle I can't seem to find a way to do it by all albums using a thumb drive. It will do it by genre. Also if I am playing music from a thumb drive and shut the vehicle down when I start the vehicle back up it is always on FM. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by MN JIM
I am not sure of the radio model number but it a basic cd, Siriurs, and MP3. No screen. If I try to do a random shuffle I can't seem to find a way to do it by all albums using a thumb drive. It will do it by genre. Also if I am playing music from a thumb drive and shut the vehicle down when I start the vehicle back up it is always on FM. Any help would be appreciated.
I am not aware of any way to make yet radio always play the same device after shutting down. I plug my iPhone into the usb in the center console. As you state, it always reverts back to radio after turning jeep off and back on. As for the random thing, have you pushed the big knob in on the right side? I think this may change from genres to albums. The user manual has some details about using a thumb drive. I haven't read that since I always use my phone.

Quick Reply: Problem with Stock Radio and Thumb Drive 2015 Wrangler Sport