Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with MyGig or Lockpick. Please help

Old 07-24-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with MyGig or Lockpick. Please help

I recently installed an almost new MyGig RER in my 09 Rubi. It had the latest software 2.107 already installed. It worked great.
I purchased and installed the Lockpick 3.0 and a microphone.
I enabled the voice recognition along with the bluetooth for the cellphone.
All of those features and the other Lockpick features functioned great for about 2 weeks.
Now the voice recognition and Bluetooth no longer work. When I push the voice recognition button all I get is an almost blank screen with what looks like a quotation mark
" only slightly bigger.
I called the folks at lockpick and got a "we have never seen that before. It must be the MyGIG".
I have a Cobra CB radio that works fine but I wonder if it may have fried something. I have reset the MYGig through the engineering menu and still nothing. I have also disconnected and reconnected the Lockpick with no improvement.
Any Ideas? Is it the Mygig or the lockpick?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect the lockpick and if the problem goes away you know what it was. While your back there check all connections.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

I did disconnect the Lockpick and checked all connections. Of course when I disconnect the Lockpick then uconnect and voice commands would no longer work because Lockpick is enabling them.
However when lockpick is diconnected and I try uconnect I get the message stating the feature is not enabled. That is the message you would normally get without Lockpick or Jeep enabling the function.
I am thinking of going to Jeep without the Lockpick installed and see if they can enable the uconnect/voice recognition feature. Does anyone have a ball figure I could expect to pay for that service?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Problem with MyGig or Lockpick. Please help

You don't need to go to the dealer or have the Lockpick attached to get UConnect working. Go into the engineering menu by pressing Seek Up + Seek Down + Menu at the same time. Go down to page 4 or 5, and push the button that says " Enable JK HF+VR". The Enable should change to Disable. Now exit the menu and press the UConnect button and it should work. If for some reason it doesn't, go in and disable it, then re-enable it and that should fix it, I had to do that to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the tip.
I checked the engineering menu and the selection for enable/disable is greyed out. I can read it though and it says "disable JK+VR" I assume it is greyed out because the Lockpick is still installed and it has it Uconnect and VR enabled. I will disconnect the Lockpick and then try your suggestion.
I mentioned the CB radio in my first post because I thought there maybe a chance that RFI fried something in the MyGig or Lockpick. I have read on this forum many instances of RFI causing problems but only while transmitting but not permently damaging anything.
I won't be able to remove the Lockpick for a few days but when I do I will post the results.

Norm
09 2DR Rubicon
Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default Enable JK HF+VR

So did you ever figure out what was going on? I'm having a similar problem with my RER! It won't give me the option to enable the "JK HF+VR" function! Phone pairs etc, but no voice commands or recognition!

Originally Posted by fourninerpapa
Thank you for the tip.
I checked the engineering menu and the selection for enable/disable is greyed out. I can read it though and it says "disable JK+VR" I assume it is greyed out because the Lockpick is still installed and it has it Uconnect and VR enabled. I will disconnect the Lockpick and then try your suggestion.
I mentioned the CB radio in my first post because I thought there maybe a chance that RFI fried something in the MyGig or Lockpick. I have read on this forum many instances of RFI causing problems but only while transmitting but not permently damaging anything.
I won't be able to remove the Lockpick for a few days but when I do I will post the results.

Norm
09 2DR Rubicon
Old 07-08-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default Enable JK HF+VR

So did you ever figure out what was going on? I'm having a similar problem with my RER! It won't give me the option to enable the "JK HF+VR" function! Phone pairs etc, but no voice commands or recognition!

Originally Posted by fourninerpapa
Thank you for the tip.

Norm
09 2DR Rubicon

Quick Reply: Problem with MyGig or Lockpick. Please help