Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with dome light

Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
It can get faulty. But it wouldn't cause the dome light to dim when the windows are moving.

Be careful when servicing the battery. Thousands of batteries explode each year while being serviced in some way.

Use splash-proof goggles and a face shield at the minimum.
If you find the cells need water, use only distilled water.

I aggree on the Battery Danger...some people think because it's just D/C it won't hurt.....I watched a DumB A** guy helping my Mom jump start her Catering Truck ( Roach Coach, Food truck) and he put wrong cable grip on wrong post and the Battery exploded and burned her skin really Bad and her clothes......I was young then so she made me sit in the Truck and I watched...that was Horrible
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Most don't realize also that it's not the Volts that does the Damage or Death as much as it's the Amps that are the Killer
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
Most don't realize also that it's not the Volts that does the Damage or Death as much as it's the Amps that are the Killer
Yes.
When I was a kid I got zapped from a 9,000 volt transformer. It was something like 1 mA, though, so it only threw me over the back of the chair. I landed in a heap, struggling to get my breath back.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up...
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Yes.
When I was a kid I got zapped from a 9,000 volt transformer. It was something like 1 mA, though, so it only threw me over the back of the chair. I landed in a heap, struggling to get my breath back.
WOW....lol....hate to laugh but I know what you mean/feel.....when i was around 10 yrs old, Christmas time, i was plugging one of those Color Light Wheels that you shine on a Silver Tree and as I was pushing plug in, Stormy day, Lightning hit Chimney, had those old style metal bands that hold a TV antenna to the Chimney, it hit that and ran in thru the house to me and threw me accross the room....melted plug to wall and me too, Trying to catch my breath....LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort for the late update so I took her to the shop and showed the guy how the lights dim when I'm using the windows and he acted like it was first time e saw something like that... Anyways check out the battery and It was fine I have not yet don't any electrical mods coz I don't want them to blame it in that.. Checked out the ports and now coming to the conclusion that it must be something with the wires ....

Quick Reply: Problem with dome light