Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Problem with dome light

Old 01-15-2013, 12:15 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
Also track down the Fuses to the Windows etc and switch them out with another fuse of the same value in the TIPM. Sometimes the fuse my be running thin.
All the power for the window motors goes through self-resetting CB 1, in the lower right of this photo.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
All the power for the window motors goes through self-resetting CB 1, in the lower right of this photo.

It's alot easier to just say fuse so it gets less confusing for one that may be reading here and kinda new to all this and really confuse em to say check the Circuit Breakers in the TIPM/Fuse Box...lol....Plus I do have a extra Fuse, second power source for my Windows........They need a way to get power when the switch is off...Remote window control.....
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by AtlJeepsTer
It's alot easier to just say fuse so it gets less confusing for one that may be reading here and kinda new to all this and really confuse em to say check the Circuit Breakers in the TIPM/Fuse Box...lol....Plus I do have a extra Fuse, second power source for my Windows........They need a way to get power when the switch is off...Remote window control.....
OK. But saying to track down the fuses and switch them out would confuse some readers into looking for multiple regular fuses to switch out. I was trying to be more clear.

What do you mean by "Plus I do have a extra Fuse, second power source for my Windows........They need a way to get power when the switch is off...Remote window control....."

Is it something you added?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I will first remove the battery and make sure there is no water present in the tray 2nd will check the fluid level of the batt I do remember my dads car they used to top it something thanks...

2nd the self resetting CB in the picture would it get faulty??
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see there is a great deal to learn from both you guys
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will have the alternator checked on my next service... Thanks guys
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ronjenx
OK. But saying to track down the fuses and switch them out would confuse some readers into looking for multiple regular fuses to switch out. I was trying to be more clear.

What do you mean by "Plus I do have a extra Fuse, second power source for my Windows........They need a way to get power when the switch is off...Remote window control....."

Is it something you added?

It's my Mobile remote system to control Windows, door locks, remote start, camera etc from my Cell Phone....Actually i think the 300's are double powered also, not sure why, but i have the Wiring specs...lol
Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Omani2010

Cool...you're welcome....good luck...let us know what the verdict is ....
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Ok I will first remove the battery and make sure there is no water present in the tray 2nd will check the fluid level of the batt I do remember my dads car they used to top it something thanks...

2nd the self resetting CB in the picture would it get faulty??
It can get faulty. But it wouldn't cause the dome light to dim when the windows are moving.

Be careful when servicing the battery. Thousands of batteries explode each year while being serviced in some way.

Use splash-proof goggles and a face shield at the minimum.
If you find the cells need water, use only distilled water.

Last edited by ronjenx; 01-15-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Here is a recent Thread, some guys talking about Dimming lights etc....Actualy i just remembered my Partner had a Dead Battery on His Nissan Titan 2 weeks ago. Fairly new Battery, I took his post covers off and there is one that corrodes inside the post area where it can't be seen until it's bad...I changed the style post clamps to stop this problem....But the stuff getting between the inside clamp and the Battery post itself will cause a bad contact and Loads will be harder on Battery as time passes..

Lights dim when I roll windows...

Quick Reply: Problem with dome light