Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Price of total sound upgrade

Old 06-07-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price of total sound upgrade

M looking to replace every speaker and possibly add a low profile subwoofer with a double din head unit. The head unit I would want bluetooth phone connection and a iPhone compatible aux input of some type, gps would be a nice option if the price was decent. I would also like a low profile subwoofer that would not hinder taking the seat up and down, possibly mounted underneath or on the tailgate. I'll need an amp and whatever else you think needs to come with it. I don't want to spend top dollar, so I'm looking for any packages or info you guys can point me to that are priced really nice. I know nothing of stereos...I really would just like to know what I'm expecting in price range of I was to walk I to the store and ask for this stuff. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks
Old 06-07-2014, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through all this myself in the past couple weeks.
For deck, 2 sets of speakers (1 set component and 1 set full range), 5 channel amp and subwoofer where you want it will cost you probably cost you about $1200-$1400 in parts and about $300-$400 in labor.

I've done my own installing before but didnt want to mess with the JK's wiring and frankly didnt want to sweat it out in the garage for several hours (im quite busy).
Old 06-07-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want, PM me and i'll give u a sample layout of brands and prices that i priced out
Old 06-07-2014, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just Switched over to Polk Dxi 651 for $70 a pair and going to get alpine power pack 4ch amp (which will fit behind the glove box) to power them. But they sound good so far. I think I'm going to try the infinity bass link for sub. Let me know if you find a good low profile sub. Bass link not that small.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought a kenwood double din, jbl compnents for the dash, jbl coaxials for the sound bar ,rockford p2 10 inch , rockford 750x1 for the sub , rockford 400x4 for the dash and sound bar speakers and all the wiring and adapters needed for just under 1800 but did the install in my garage.

Quick Reply: Price of total sound upgrade