Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power your cb

Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power your cb

Im trying to figure out how to power my cb radio... How did you guys do with yours ?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wire the CB directly to the battery for best results.(both positive and negative) There should already be an inline fuse on the power harness that came with the cb.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2.. Also this allows you to use the radio when the Jeep is off.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Would you loose reception quality if you used one of the fuse block like the Blue Sea one? Should it matter as long as the main terminal is powered straight to the battery?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08HokieJK
Would you loose reception quality if you used one of the fuse block like the Blue Sea one? Should it matter as long as the main terminal is powered straight to the battery?
I dont have the exact answer to this but i would imagine that since there is a lot of electricity that passes trough the fuse block it would make interference with the cb no matter what.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to run my power and ground right off the battery but my question is what is the easiest way to get to the battery with wiring from the inside. I took a quick glance this morning a decided I would wait cause I didnt see anything that would lead me out of the firewall. I also need to come through for my lights on the bumper andthe lights on the windshield frame.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by a4x4high
I would like to run my power and ground right off the battery but my question is what is the easiest way to get to the battery with wiring from the inside. I took a quick glance this morning a decided I would wait cause I didnt see anything that would lead me out of the firewall. I also need to come through for my lights on the bumper andthe lights on the windshield frame.
Just open a door. Driver or passanger either one. Pop off the dash end plate. This will give you access to the fire wall on the inside of the cab. There should be passage ways on either side.

P.S. Use an accessory circuit from the fuse box for a power supply.

Quick Reply: Power your cb