Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Port for Rear Seat

Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Port for Rear Seat

I have a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited and I am interested in adding a power port in the rear of the console so that my kids can charge thier iPODs, cell phones, etc. Has anyone seen any sort of kit to do this?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know someone made a thread detailing how they added a power port to the rear cargo area. Try searching through this board. Sesems like it was in here somewhere.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4fit?
I know someone made a thread detailing how they added a power port to the rear cargo area. Try searching through this board. Sesems like it was in here somewhere.
I did try a search first because I figured I wasn't the only one interested in this but i didn't find anything. I will try again.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

oreilly.com/pub/h/3611

answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081129150538AAitbXE
This one has you add a fuse. I would just daisy chain it off of either left or right depending on if you want it switched or not.

minute-man.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Cigarette_Ligher_Plugs_and_Sockets_ 272.html
Near the bottom of this link is the panel mount sockets.

powerwerx.com/oem-connectors-filters/marine-grade-panel-mount-cigarette-socket.html
On a personal note I am kind of digging this one. It has a solid threaded mount and comes with cover.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default good chioce

Vern,

I like that one too.
powerwerx.com/oem-connectors-filters/marine-grade-panel-mount-cigarette-socket.html

Now I just got to figure out where to mount it and how to get the wires to it.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

A lot of vehicles these days (including the 2011 wrangler) have 110 power ports.

May be useful to see what MOPAR has to offer.

I bought one of those little cheapy inverters from WalMart several years ago. Its damn near useless. The higher output ones are $$ though.

As far as a 12volt outlet there's lot of options out there. Id start looking at your local truck stop or trailer/RV supply store and see what they have.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I added this one on the side of my center console to un-clutter the area around my transfer case shifter and auxilary lights. It's a Wagan EL9794, got it from Amazon for less that $15. It came with a long enough cord that you could easily mount it at the rear of the console.

Last edited by Ghost63; 09-05-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Port for Rear Seat