Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Outlet

Old 07-11-2007 | 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Outlet

Anyone know which fuse is for the Power Outlet on the right side of the dash panel? I checked the M5, M6, and M7 fuses and it still doesn't work.

(The one on the left works fine.)
Old 07-11-2007 | 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M36 (Power outlet #3). Don't ask me why....
Old 07-12-2007 | 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Doh!!!

I have been trying to get power to an extra outlet in the back console for a week and have been unsuccessful because I was looking at the WRONG FUSE!
(power outlet #2)
I feel like an idiot, but now I know to go from #3.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-18-2007 | 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default power outlet

hey shhog, where were you putting the outlet at? im curious about trying this also but dont know where. thanks
Old 07-18-2007 | 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Center console oulet location

I decided to put the outlet in the side of the console underneath/beside the front passenger's seat because I didn't want to muck with the rear seat drink holders and I found a good 'hole' location there to accomodate the outlet and it's extension into the console.

If you loosen the screws on the side of the console and pull the panel out some, you will see the metal supports internally: this affects where the extra outlet can go-move the hole location back and up a few inches so the extra outlet will have a space to push into to avoid the metal supports.
I drilled a hole there with a 1 1/8" inch hole saw bit (outlet is 1 3/32") and inserted the extra outlet (from Radio Shack)-I then ran the connected/spliced wires underneath the bottom side lip of the console cover, then up into the center dash area.
I took off the front center dash cover, as previously posted on this forum, cut the wires going to the second (passenger's side) outlet and crimped reds to reds, blacks to blacks, then taped the splices: (this was tricky due to the limited length of original wire.)
Put the console pieces back and replace screws and....there you go.

I am thinking of putting another outlet on the other side of the console for the driver's side rear seat when I have some time, and maybe run one into the back of the Jeep before Football season, but I haven't figured that one out yet.

Quick Reply: Power Outlet