Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Mirror Help

Old 08-13-2020, 02:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Mirror Help

I recently decided to add power mirrors to my Jeep. I contacted ORE about their power mirror package but was told that they recently decided to discontinue that product.

I pieced together a set of mirrors, switch, and everything else I needed and installed them myself. Without having a wiring diagram, I used the Mopar Connection Repair site to see what goes where.

I successfully installed everything, and got them working...for the most part. For some reason, I can move both mirrors in all directions except down. If any one has pieced together their own kit, I would greatly appreciate where I have gone astray in the wiring. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2020, 04:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,686 Posts

I can't recall having seen anyone do this. Curious to see if anyone chimes in. WIsh I could help, but not sure on this one.....
Old 09-01-2020, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I found out the problem. I just went with my gut and ordered a new switch. It worked like a charm.

Just goes to show, even though the switch tested fine with my multimeter, it still was the problem.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:36 AM
JK Newbie

Hey I know this thread is old but can I ask how you made your harness I’m looking to do the same buy my own mirrors and switch and retrofit to my 08 wrangler but have no idea where to start
Old 02-01-2023, 02:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08_sahara
Hey I know this thread is old but can I ask how you made your harness I’m looking to do the same buy my own mirrors and switch and retrofit to my 08 wrangler but have no idea where to start
Mopar Power Window Switch: 56046631AA
Connector: Standard Motor Products S2367

The website I used to figure out what goes where was:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Hope this helps a little

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Help