Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power locks & winder retrofit?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks & winder retrofit?

Hello people,

Here in Riyadh JK's do not come with the power convenience group option is it possible to retrofit power locks & winders? Either at the main stealers or a DIY kit?

Roger
Old 09-03-2008, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

dont see why not, although i would image all the dealer hardware would be expensive
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put power door locks in my TJ. I didn't have switches, just used the keyless entry on my alarm. The door locks were the universal pistol style you get on ebay for $20 or $30 a set.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

absolutely can get generic power door actuators and self install them as bigbluejk suggests, along with him I just hooked them up to my alarm....use the search function there is a nice write up with pics on the board....also, should you search "aftermarket power windows" you shouuld find my write up on the aftermarket kit I bought and installed....price wise not bad at all and really easy to install...works AWESOME
If you wanted to go price everything out to upgrade from Mopar I think you might get sick at the price...you can do it...but $$ cha-ching

here you go https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+power+windows

courtesy of james76 with great pics and tips
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...+power+windows
Old 09-05-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

There is an aftermarket kit I saw in the new Quadrotec catalog. You can upgrade to both power windows and locks.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yes those are the same ones I installed and couldn't be happier
I would imagine that other supporting suppliers carry this product now as well so you have a choice of vendors....

tip: if your looking on quadratec site try searching for 'power door lock' that will bring up the window kit and door lock kits....try searching for power windows and it doesn't help at all

cheers
Old 10-18-2019, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

I know this is an old thread but I was searching since I'm a newbie to Jeeps.

I just bought a low mileage (22,000) 2017 Wrangler Sport two door that came without power door locks or power windows. I quickly found kits from A1 Electric that make both modification seem fairly easy. Of course, when I buy them and install them I'll be able to say if "easy" truly applies.

Link provided for those that may come after nee looking for the same info. If anyone else has done this since this thread in 2008, please chime in with your opinions and photos if you have some. Thanks, in advance!

https://www.a1electric.com

Quick Reply: Power locks & winder retrofit?