Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power locks will not lock

Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks will not lock

Hey guys.. Got an interesting problem that started recently.. My power locks will unlock but they won't lock. I have tried unplugging each door to see if it made a difference but it doesn't, checked the fuse and it is good also. They won't lock from both the key fob or the interior switches. When i press lock on the fob, the lights flash as normal and the alarm arms. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 07 jk
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

This just started happening to my 09 as well. I had the doors off and when I put them back on, which might be the problem, my Jeep is pissed at me for putting the doors back on her, anyway, same thing. Will unlock, but won't lock them with the key fob or the switch on the door. It is also sporadic. I can continue to try, and eventually it will work a few times, then it will stop again. Sometimes I can push the lever thing on the door then try and it will do it. It seems electrical, I've checked to make sure my connections are good. It's all the locks, not just one too so that is weird.

I know, it's a Jeep, don't need no locks, but I also work out of my Jeep as an appraiser. I need to be able to lock my Jeep up due to things necessary for my job, and some items, I can't carry onto certain job sites or places, so locking up things is important.

Edit to add: My power windows roll down fine. Even when the locks aren't working.

Last edited by db09JKU; 09-04-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since it is a door off then back on thing I would say its the connector. When doing mine a couple of times I didn't push it in all the way and the windows or door locks wouldn't work. Pushed on them a bit harder and everything worked. Only other thing I would ask is did it get wet inside when the doors were off. Also check the inside of the plug in the jeep. Not the one on the door. On my passenger side the inside of the plug came out about halfway one time. It kept the plug from going all the way in when I tried to plug it bak in.

Quick Reply: Power locks will not lock