Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power locking has stopped

Old 09-26-2022, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locking has stopped

Hey everyone.
So as the title says my 2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara has intermittently stopped locking via key fob and door lock switch. I have replace the batteries in both fobs. The fuse m38 has been replaced. The doors have never come off in my ownership. I have been searching and searching and haven’t found anything on this issue. Thank y’all so much in advance.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

I am not going to be a ton of help here, but I think I'd be googling around about the WCM (wireless control module). That is what I believe is communicating with that fob and if you've eliminated the fuse, fob batteries, and wiring harnesses (the doors have not been off so not likely that) then it's sounding more like an actual WCM issue. It also sounds like this is happening with both keys since you replaced batteries in both. I've not had to mess with a WCM at all so don't have much experience to be helpful with it, but that is what I'd be leaning towards as an educated guess at least.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I am not going to be a ton of help here, but I think I'd be googling around about the WCM (wireless control module). That is what I believe is communicating with that fob and if you've eliminated the fuse, fob batteries, and wiring harnesses (the doors have not been off so not likely that) then it's sounding more like an actual WCM issue. It also sounds like this is happening with both keys since you replaced batteries in both. I've not had to mess with a WCM at all so don't have much experience to be helpful with it, but that is what I'd be leaning towards as an educated guess at least.
The only issue I have with that is the door lock switches(both passenger and driver stop working as well when this happens. I hope it’s not the TIPM.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

I have had the same issues so dosed the door switches with WD40, worked the switches up and down lots of times and away it went. I believe lack of use of the door switches caused them to have bad contact and confuse the TIPM. Works great now and did do it again a few times after so repeated fix. Now been at least 8 months since last incident. I manually lock and unlock occasionally as well. Put it down to aging electrical components.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
I have had the same issues so dosed the door switches with WD40, worked the switches up and down lots of times and away it went. I believe lack of use of the door switches caused them to have bad contact and confuse the TIPM. Works great now and did do it again a few times after so repeated fix. Now been at least 8 months since last incident. I manually lock and unlock occasionally as well. Put it down to aging electrical components.
Did you happen to fix the problem. My doors will lock sometimes only. Then have to do it manually
please give details
thanks
Old 10-06-2022, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

As of Oct 6 no fix has been found.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Still no fix, new symptoms

Update: so now no power locking, only power unlocking. I really hate this rabbit hole and don’t want to just toss money into a TIPM if it’s not the TIPM. Please help y’all.

Quick Reply: Power locking has stopped