Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pioneer F900BT Wiring

Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer F900BT Wiring

I have started wiring my new HU. Where is the speed sensor wire? Do I need to tap into it? Also, I have one wire left from my wiring harness, C2R-CHY4. Its the Amp Turn On Input. What does this wire connect to?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Amp Turn On is used to turn an external amp on/off with the H/U. If you aren't installing and amp just wrap it in electrical tape so it doens't contact anything. You won't need it.

Speed Sensor Wire? Is this a DVD capable H/U? If so the Speed Sensor allows the DVD to play when the parking brake is on. You can wire it to your parking brake or... I have heard of some persons disabling this feature by just connecting it to ground. To confound these cheaters manufacturers sometimes require the parking brake to cycle on and off a few times before a DVD can play. The current trick is to wire it to a switch connected to ground. When the H/U requires the parking brake to go on and off just cycle the switch a few times.

Last edited by Vernnz; 04-28-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Pioneer, a few models earlier than yours, required the speed sensor/parking brake cable to be grounded and ungrounded. This eliminated people just straight grounding the wire. I did some research with google, tons of forums on the Pioneers, and found another way around. With a SPST (single pole single throw) push button switch I was able to get around it. The button cost less than a buck at radio shack.
When I insert a DVD it says it cannot be played unless parked, 1 push of the button and it works.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Checkout Avic411 dot com plenty of info there on your new HU, including various hacks.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have everything installed and it all works, besides sound?! I did not hook up the wire to the amp remote output, factory infinity amp. I'm thinking this is my problem. My unit doesnt know to turn the amp on, therefore I'm getting no sound. Does this sound right? If so, where is this wire? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Other ideas of why I'm getting no sound?

Quick Reply: Pioneer F900BT Wiring