Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

pioneer avic z2 vs kenwood 7100

Old 06-01-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joho914
reading about the d3 now as well....

from the sounds of it, the nav maps are from a dvd?

does this mean i cannot listen to music while im in route to somewhere???
with the d3 yeah you can listen to cds and watch dvds while navigating you just preload your route then take out the map dvd and put in what you want ,

with the z2 the maps are on hard disk which is nice .
Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i see...i didnt know you could load a route off of the dvd...that make a hell of a lot more sense...thanks!

i was really interested in getting the z2 tho...but then this weekend i saw that 8gb jumpdrives went on sale maybe i will get the new f series and just use the 8gb jump drive as my source for music
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Aviz Z2 and love it. I burned all my CD's to the built in hard drive. The navigation works flawlessly and the screen is clear and bright. Also love the cell phone blue tooth integration.

I would take it to a pro installer because it is a tight fit. When it is in it looks awesome in the dash. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nando52
I have the Aviz Z2 and love it. I burned all my CD's to the built in hard drive. The navigation works flawlessly and the screen is clear and bright. Also love the cell phone blue tooth integration.

I would take it to a pro installer because it is a tight fit. When it is in it looks awesome in the dash. Good luck.
I just installed this into my JK last night. Holy crap what a pain! Took about 5 hours and I still have to do the rear camera and tidy up abit. Love the NAV!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Talking

so i ended up deciding to get the avic-f900bt...

it shipped yesterday...should be here in a couple days

will let you know how it goes

Quick Reply: pioneer avic z2 vs kenwood 7100