Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Pillar gauge pods

Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
WAAAAYYYYY to rice-y for my tastes. Carbon fiber goes on F-1 cars and the neighborhood kids Civic, not my Jeep. ABS or Steel for me please.

I had hoped DayStar would get around to making something but NOOOO.... I really want an oil preasure gauge and volt meter.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad, they are way cool.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is what Camps pod looks like color matched to interior

Originally Posted by seer1
Sorry Camp,
I thought that carbon fiber would hypnotize me. I picked up a can of charcoal vinyl paint from Autozone. So here's mine, but I didn't clean it first.[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beat'cha.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks WAY better when painted...But $200.00 for gauge pod
only...NAW...Too bad i like them...$200.00+gauges=A little to
much for me now...To bad...
Old 06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seer1
Beat'cha.
must go in alphabetical order when its a tie
Old 06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

How was the fit on the side closest to the door Seer? I have the COP pod and the fit is rather terrible (in addition to the fact that it showed up chipped all to hell, which didn't occur in shipping). I expected more for $230 (overnight shipped).

Sanded before paint, hoping it was just a chip in the clear, but no all the way down, sanding didn't help, ended up having to fill it.

Here's the installed pic. It's flush against my windshield, but obviously I can't show both sides at once. Notice how it doesn't align with the factory piece above it and if you look at the side piece below it, it's actually stuffed so tight against it it's making it start to pop off. With the doors closed it doesn't matter at all, but with the doors off it doesn't exactly look real great. I did manage to get the color and texture pretty close though. Whoopee.

I'm building my own now and just about to fiberglass it, since nobody else makes one. I used the factory piece which will have a perfect fit obviosly and bought a fiberglass repair kit at Pep Boys for around 15 bucks. We'll see how it turns out. Can't get much worse I figure. Considering how it showed up (I emptied the box on a white table, not a single chip in it or the bubble wrap), I wonder if I got some sort of prototyep and someone just packed it up without even looking at it. It took all of half a second to notice the chips when I opened it.

As far as the OP goes, I'd go with the pods RIPP sells, they'e way cheaper and they look really nice mounted up. If I turn my home project into a cluster F, that's the way I'll be going.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 06-10-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Cop has a satisfaction guarantee , you should have called him. I'm sure he would have made it right
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Cop has a satisfaction guarantee , you should have called him. I'm sure he would have made it right
I don't doubt it, and I'm sure mine just slipped through the cracks and someone packed it up in a hurry since I asked for it next day. My level of annoyance vs calling to complain, shipping it back, waiting for a new one, etc made me just chalk it up in the loss column for me. Saying that just about everything that comes out of COP 4x4 is beautiful as well as innovative isn't a stretch, so to pay a premium for something and be shipped something that wasn't up to that level of care (because it was shipped all banged up, the design itself is wicked cool and I totally stole it for the pod I'm about to fiberglass), just made me want to forget about it entirely, since the money wasn't really that big a deal.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

our pods are very clean and functional, you can pivot and angle them around, and have adjustments for a super tight alignment.
We never liked the big piller pods. they look funny...

Quick Reply: Pillar gauge pods