Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

PIAA light switch wiring question help

Old 03-15-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA light switch wiring question help

I really hate to start a thread on this because I know there has to be this same question floating around. I've searched and searched and can't find it so I apologize ahead.

Anyways. Purchased the ATP lights for my 13" wrangler. Kit comes with everything. On the diagram, it lists that the switch for the lights needs to be hooked into a 12v power source. I'm looking into splicing into the cigarette lighter (unless it's a bad idea) and wanted to know which wire to tap into. Also, haven't test it yet but I'm guessing when the vehicle is completely off, there no power directed to the lighter?

Thanks in advance and I apologize in advance for post this topic for the 100th time properly

Last edited by ATFPat; 03-15-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I spliced mine into the passenger side parking light. That way they won't work without them on.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ that's actaully a good idea, I may do an add in fuse from the fuse box for the parking lights.

Quick Reply: PIAA light switch wiring question help