Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

PIAA 520 Intsall Write Up?

Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA 520 Intsall Write Up?

I just received my PIAA 520 SMR's. I have never installed anyting like this and am looking for a write up on the install.

Where does the big box mount? I am assuming that is the fuse/relay but I am unsure where it goes in the Jeep. The rest seems pretty straight forward, but I would appreciate any tips that can be offered.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got 520's on my tj, install isnt bad, the box can be mounted anywhere i believe, i'm not 100 percent sure if it needs to be bolted to a ground or not. I've got mine bolted to the pcm, i'd recommend keepin it close to your battery, then just run the power wire to the positive side, ground to the negative side of the battery and mount your lights. fish the wires through and make the connections. then run your switch inside through a hole or grommet in your firewall. It's pretty straight forward but just plan out what your going to do before you do it, lay out wires to make sure you've got enough slack etc.

sorry i'm not the best with directions, if you'd like i could snap a pic of my layout tomorrow?

Quick Reply: PIAA 520 Intsall Write Up?