Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Philips X-Treme power +80% review

Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to upgrade to the IPF headlights, and have been doing some bulb-shopping to complete the job. Amazon currently has a pair of the Philips 9003 X-treme Power bulbs going for $27.69, with a $10 rebate bringing it to just $17.69.

I am however, also considering the $30/pair Sylvania Silverstar Ultras if only for the color temperature, at 4100K to the Philips' (best-estimated) 3400K. While not as bright, It'll still end up brighter than the weak stock bulbs, and I'm looking forward to moving away from yellow, without getting ridiculously blue. Still in research mode...

Last edited by Mattmobile; 11-28-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattmobile
I'm about to upgrade to the IPF headlights, and have been doing some bulb-shopping to complete the job. Amazon currently has a pair of the Philips 9003 X-treme Power bulbs going for $27.69, with a $10 rebate bringing it to just $17.69.

I am however, also considering the $30/pair Sylvania Silverstar Ultras if only for the color temperature, at 4100K to the Philips' (best-estimated) 3400K. While not as bright, It'll still end up brighter than the weak stock bulbs, and I'm looking forward to moving away from yellow, without getting ridiculously blue. Still in research mode...
The Phillips put out a yellowish light, close to stock but brighter
Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattmobile

Yellow gives you visability. Going with silver stars is fine. I am using them. They are no where near a white hid. They are a little whiter than stock but not much. That's good as they are useful. Blue light is no good for actual light output.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
The Phillips put out a yellowish light, close to stock but brighter
VERY TRUE. I just put in the Philips bulbs the other night and I was surprised to see how close the light tone is to stock. It's noticeable over stock brightness and a good option for the price.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Just installed...

in the garage, they looked brighter than the silverstars for sure...next test is tonight when I get out for a drive.

thanks for the headsup on this product. I know HID does not work in our stock housings. so this may be a viable option
Old 11-29-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

snowy crappy night here. after driving down a dark road here i can say that these bulbs are the real deal. much more light out front. I don't even need my fog bulbs on now. very good upgrade for the price.

Quick Reply: Philips X-Treme power +80% review