Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Philips X-Treme power +80% review

Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Philips X-Treme power +80% review

First off, I want to say that I have been through millions of bulbs on my Jeeps. EG: Osram Hypers, 90/130 rally bulbs, various HID kits, Silverstar (regular/ultra), IPF Magic-J, IPF Fatboy X4, and various ricer bulbs.... I saw that that Philips Xtreme power +80% hit the states and are available at Carquest stores. I was a bit skeptical at first.

The test vehicle: My fathers 2007 Rubicon just blew one silverstar (regular) after about 3 years of use. I popped in the philips xtreme power and holy hell, the low beam on H13 is damn bright. It is nearly matched in intensity to my old Susquehanna (rallylights.com) H4 conversion with harness. My dad is not running a harness, just popped in the bulb. The high beam is slightly better, but the low beam is the one to write home about.

My girlfriend has the IPFs with the Silverstar Ultras and my Dad's is way brighter! I am gonna ditch the Ultras and get some H4 XP's for my girls rig. My rig runs HIDs and even just looking at the extreme power, I think the extreme power puts out more "usable" light with the stock reflectors than my HIDs do in Hella H4 lenses. Sure, the HIDs are bright, but the light spread is nowhere near as good as the stock lens with the Xtreme power bulbs. If and when my HIDs ever go out, I am going to Xtreme powers, since I already have a lighting harness.

Color temp has no blue hue at all. The light output is an extremely white beam. I like some blue to it, but these are a perfect white on the road. Looking at it head on, the headlights are a white color... not a yellow color like with the stockers. 55/60W - so it is safe for use in stock lenses with stock wiring.

Just a shout out for those of you in the market for new bulbs. These are practically the only bulb that took me by surprise. Well worth the $60 bucks I spent on them!

http://w w w.lighting.philips.com/us_en/automotive/consumer_products/xtremepower.php?main=us_en_automotive&parent=79912 999330&id=us_en_automotive&lang=en

No pictures... sorry.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running stock lights, and at only $60 each I might put these on my shopping list. Anyone else have any experiance with these?
Old 09-12-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the IPF conversion kit from Northridge, and was unhappy with the light performance. I popped a set of these bad boys into them about 5 months ago, and haven't looked back. The philips rock.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Good info thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Zroe
I had the IPF conversion kit from Northridge, and was unhappy with the light performance. I popped a set of these bad boys into them about 5 months ago, and haven't looked back. The philips rock.
I know! The IPF lens have great beam patterns, but the IPF bulbs that come with them are not that great. My girl runs the blue IPFs for looks in the summer months, but every October when the deer start coming out... I pop in the Silverstar Ultras. And even those have a way better light than the blue IPFs.

The philips in my Dad's stock bulb housings seem to be brighter than my girl's silverstars in the IPF lens. I may be wrong, since I haven't seen the silverstar ultras in action for quite a while. Next month I will compare the two. But the philips literally made the H13 silverstar seem like a dim candle compared to them.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I'm running stock lights, and at only $60 each I might put these on my shopping list. Anyone else have any experiance with these?
Its $60 or so for a PAIR of the Philips Xtreme power. Not each.
Silverstars are 10 bucks cheaper but weaker.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice to know, will try them when my silverstar ultras go.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am finding two packs on major online stores for $32 with free shipping.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by msquaredIN
I am finding two packs on major online stores for $32 with free shipping.
That's a good price. Anyone know if it's a whiter light than the stock lights?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

The Philips Xtreme power is definitely a pure white light. No blue to it though.

Also $30 bucks? Where at? Are you sure you're looking at the red packaging and +80% output bulbs?

Quick Reply: Philips X-Treme power +80% review