Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which Optima battey ?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Yup you're right. Everyone should go out and purchase optimas because 3 shops told you to buy them (which I'm sure they were trying to sell to you) and because you state that QC problems have been solved. How do you know???
You're not stating any facts in your posts - just that you and your son are happy with them. That's great! That's all anyone else is doing - giving opinions based on experience.

The only true facts is the tests in the link I attached (which I'm sure didn't read since you have nothing new to learn). The optima was only 10-20% behind in most of this tests and pretty close in the CCA which surprised me. Not that bad actually - but your consistent push to whatever selections you've made (bumpers, tires, suspension, headlights, etc) gets annoying. State your opinion and move on -quit trying to argue everyone else's opinion.
“I'm sure they were trying to sell to you”
They suggested I buy and take it directly from the importer, so it’ll be cheaper. They are friends.
But, you’re “sure”...

“I'm sure didn't read”
I read it.
But, you’re “sure” again...

“You're not stating any facts in your posts”
You’ve seen, for instance, the cross-section which shows the AGM inside the Optima.
But, facts have no influence on whatever you like to say...

“your consistent push to whatever selections you've made”
Before every mod, I search, study in depth and compare.
e.g.: when my shocks list narrowed down to Fox and King, I studied & compared the internal structure and materials of both, before I bought the Fox shocks.
When I share the knowledge plus two years of experience, you interpret it as “pushing”...
Between the two of us, it’s not me who ignores facts, then arrogantly pretends to know what's on ones' mind.

“State your opinion and move on”
On top of the way-off guesses, there are orders too...
Find someone else for that.

...Not to mention that your post, instead of relating to the issue, is nothing but an ugly personal attack. That's not the spirit of this forum.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-09-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
There was a guy on here 2 weeks ago that bought a new red top put it in and Jeep wouldn't start. Read 10.5V and manufacturing date of February 2015. I would look at another option unless you like carrying batteries back and forth. Search new battery no start to find the thread. if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....

Here did the work for you. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-start-320585/
There are such things about every battery, try Google...

I once was about to drive someones' pretty expensive fast Audi. The battery wouldn't start. Nothing else was faulty, just the one year old expensive German battery.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-09-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
So I realized i was not fully informed about the AGM thing after GJeep pointed it out and decided to hold onto the one thing in the thread he was right about. Point taken.
I appreciate the the first half, really!

Less so regarding the second half... Prove me wrong about one point I made... -- Not seriously, I was just kidding.
I'm off the topic itself, and reply only the not very smart personal attack.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol! I thought you were done with this thread - I knew you couldn't resist
Old 05-09-2015, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Lol! I thought you were done with this thread - I knew you couldn't resist
The post just before yours, said: "I'm off the topic itself, and reply only the not very smart personal attack"...
I didn't realize that it was so complicated to understand.
I suggest you stop contaminating this forum with personal attacks.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-09-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gjeep you need to go!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep801
Gjeep you need to go!
Exactly! It's same thing on every single thread the he's in but he doesn't get it. He's obviously smart and knows things - but he lacks tact.
It's alright - different strokes for different folks. He's obviously very sensitive and somewhat insecure from the looks of it. He can't handle people having a different opinion or not agreeing with him.

Last edited by sea bass; 05-09-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Exactly! It's same thing on every single thread the he's in but he doesn't get it. He's obviously smart and knows things - but he lacks tact.
It's alright - different strokes for different folks. He's obviously very sensitive and somewhat insecure from the looks of it. He can't handle people having a different opinion or not agreeing with him.
It's you who is bursting with personal attacks, not I... so who is sensitive and lacks tact? LOL...

It's just Jeeps & batteries, so I suggest you calm down, adopt a more proportionate attitude, and stop contaminating the forum with personal attacks.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-09-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Lol!!! I'll try and calm myself. Have a good one - catch you on the next thread. I'll try and keep the "personal attacks" to a minimum
Old 05-09-2015, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Lol!!! I'll try and calm myself. Have a good one - catch you on the next thread. I'll try and keep the "personal attacks" to a minimum
Now you're talkin' Good. See ya

Quick Reply: Which Optima battey ?