Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which Optima battey ?

Old 05-08-2015, 02:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
I'm talking about a principal.
By sea bass
Yet you have 9 posts in is thread pushing your flavor of batteries.

Everyone has to make their own decisions - and a lot of that is based on reviews, real world issues or satisfied customers from research we do this forum, or other resources we might frequent.

I originally came from the diesel truck world (when I had my dual red tops). While they worked fine for me at the time - I had many friends in my circle with failures. I have not heard of any such failures from odyssey produced batteries. I'm sure there are some out there without a doubt - but not to the extent I've read and continue to read with Optimas.

Why take the chance? Are you saying optimas are better batteries than odysseys? I know optimas are cheaper to purchase, but spread that cost over 5 years, the added peace of mind is worth it to me.

The OP might be fine purchasing an Optima, but will also most certainly be satisfied getting an odyssey.
LidLess07X said -- “AGM batteries are superior to the Optima”, was shown that Optima actually are AGM, but ignored the proof.
You used the wrong type of Optima for your Jeep. Your reply is off the points I made.
Another one complained that he wasn’t given a new battery after the guarantee expired.

Such lack of knowledge or reason characterizes much of the criticism, here and elsewhere.
It’s your choice if you open your mind to facts and reason or not, or if you reply to the points in my posts or way off them.
I pointed to facts. Some understand them, some chose not to. I’m off this thread.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-08-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LidLess07X said -- “AGM batteries are superior to the Optima”, was shown that Optima actually are AGM, but ignored the proof. You used the wrong type of Optima for your Jeep.
Again, I never stated I used Optimas in my jeep - So no, I didn't use the wrong optimas in my jeep. I had them in my diesel truck as I stated in my previous post.
Thanks for taking the time to stop and read my post before trying to prove me wrong.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a yellow top in 2010 put my Jeep in storage for a year and had no problems. I'm still running the same battery with 10,000 winch extra lights, Amp, power converter, and never had any issues.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Here's a good article on real world testing.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/15...#__federated=1
Old 05-08-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Op run what optima you want to run, and just see what happens. If you have a warranty and someone is willing to swap it out for you. Then go for it. It's not that it's a bad battery, as I'm sure you could find worse, there are just better batteries for the money. Go with whatever you feel comfortable with and be happy about it.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sea bass
Again, I never stated I used Optimas in my jeep - So no, I didn't use the wrong optimas in my jeep. I had them in my diesel truck as I stated in my previous post.
Thanks for taking the time to stop and read my post before trying to prove me wrong.
My last word on this --

Except for picking on a little mistake, there's nothing in reply to the point -- which talks for itself.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re; which Optima battery?

from objective-forum member that has not read all of the other posts I will give you useful advice that I am betting someone has already done on one of the 5 pages of posts here on the subject; skip the Optima's and go directly to Sears automotive and grab yourself a nice 880 CCA deep charge Sears Diehard Platinum battery and be happy for years of winching, reliability, warranty and starting-up happiness. They are the best battery I have found for the JKU ( and I have used the YellowTop optima((crap and overpriced)) as well as the OEM battery ((crappier and overpriced/under-powered)) in my '11) ....they have a fabulous reserve charge and I can winch without the Jeep running and it doesnt drain the thing. You get most for the$$$ with the platinum DieHard ...Just my input FWIW....

Last edited by j3ph3ry_j33p; 05-08-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

My last word on this -- Except for picking on a little mistake, there's nothing in reply to the point -- which talks for itself.
Yup you're right. Everyone should go out and purchase optimas because 3 shops told you to buy them (which I'm sure they were trying to sell to you) and because you state that QC problems have been solved. How do you know???
You're not stating any facts in your posts - just that you and your son are happy with them. That's great! That's all anyone else is doing - giving opinions based on experience.

The only true facts is the tests in the link I attached (which I'm sure didn't read since you have nothing new to learn). The optima was only 10-20% behind in most of this tests and pretty close in the CCA which surprised me. Not that bad actually - but your consistent push to whatever selections you've made (bumpers, tires, suspension, headlights, etc) gets annoying. State your opinion and move on -quit trying to argue everyone else's opinion.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

There was a guy on here 2 weeks ago that bought a new red top put it in and Jeep wouldn't start. Read 10.5V and manufacturing date of February 2015. I would look at another option unless you like carrying batteries back and forth. Search new battery no start to find the thread. if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....

Here did the work for you. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-start-320585/
Old 05-09-2015, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

So I realized i was not fully informed about the AGM thing after GJeep pointed it out and decided to hold onto the one thing in the thread he was right about. Point taken.

Anyone considering upgrading their battery should spend some time researching outside this thread.

Quick Reply: Which Optima battey ?