Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Opinions on IPF headlight conversion

Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkellington
Does anyone know if these will direct fit into a 2012? I've been getting some conflicting info regarding lighting and electrical changes in the 2011 and 2012's.
good call.. because i had some strange issues with my IPF install on my 2012.. Mine did not seem to be keyed to fit into the JK bowl properly. The headlight has these tabs along the outside. They didn't seem to fit into any position in the JK housings.

If there is a new design for the 2012's I'll have to sell these and get an updated model.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

I took the tabs off and they fit perfectly after that in mine.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hibypass
I took the tabs off and they fit perfectly after that in mine.
forgot to update this thread. they fit 100% perfectly. i didn't trim anything. you just have to get it lined up right.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Now I'm wondering if the Phillips xp would be the best or is there a better bulb?
did you end up going with them? If so, how do you like them? alot better than stock? I am looking for a better white headlight option.

Last edited by Bosox5; 04-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Get your hands on some Sylvania silverstar ultras. They are way better than the oem lights. Whiter, brighter, better by far.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry should of added that I was wondering about the IPF setup. The silver stars might be the way to go with IPF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
Sorry should of added that I was wondering about the IPF setup. The silver stars might be the way to go with IPF

That's actually what I'm doing. I got the IPF kit (housing plus harness) without the IPF bulb. Going to use Sylvania bulbs instead and comes out cheaper. Just waiting in Quadratec to get more in stock. Apparently they're back ordered.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by baeteamjk
That's actually what I'm doing. I got the IPF kit (housing plus harness) without the IPF bulb. Going to use Sylvania bulbs instead and comes out cheaper. Just waiting in Quadratec to get more in stock. Apparently they're back ordered.
Crap that's no good lol. Thanks for the info. Anyone else rocking the IPF setup with sylvania bulbs?

Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepindreams
good call.. because i had some strange issues with my IPF install on my 2012.. Mine did not seem to be keyed to fit into the JK bowl properly. The headlight has these tabs along the outside. They didn't seem to fit into any position in the JK housings.

If there is a new design for the 2012's I'll have to sell these and get an updated model.
Mine came with the same tabs that you are talking about. Took me a while to figure it out but yeah just remove them for a perfect fit.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by baeteamjk
Check out 4wd.com, thats where I got mine. One of there reps s on here and hooked me up!

Quick Reply: Opinions on IPF headlight conversion