Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Opinions on IPF headlight conversion

Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the ARB IPF 920h4 kit -The bulbs have a small amount of a blue tint at the bottom-not bad-but I'm thinking of changing to the Philip xtreme to get rid of the blue.
Not the dead spot in front of it now-better than stock

Before you buy go to (danielsternlighting.com) for some great information on this whole subject

his e-mail address is then dastern@torque.net or 416-766-2327
Old 12-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

If I got just the IPF assemblies and harness, which bulb would be the best at a decent price? Looking for bright and white light
Old 12-05-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
If I got just the IPF assemblies and harness, which bulb would be the best at a decent price? Looking for bright and white light
Sylvania silverstars are a good choice. I went with the silverstar ultra's they are the whitest and brightest without going to hid's.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Let me pitch in here.

My dad has stock bulbs that used to have silverstars and they were OK. I upgraded him to Philips XTreme power +80% and it is amazing.

My girlfriend has the IPFs with no harness and she ran the blue Magic-J bulbs which were definitely better than stock. I dropped in some Silverstar Ultras and it is much better.
Planning on dropping in Xtreme power into her lights though.

I ran the Susquehanna harness and Hella lights with IPF Fatboy x4 bulbs. Those would MELT your eyes! Now I run HID and am thinking about going to Halogen Xtreme power.

Is the IPF a good and money-wise upgrade? - Yes.... with some Xtreme power bulbs, you will be very happy!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
Let me pitch in here.

My dad has stock bulbs that used to have silverstars and they were OK. I upgraded him to Philips XTreme power +80% and it is amazing.

My girlfriend has the IPFs with no harness and she ran the blue Magic-J bulbs which were definitely better than stock. I dropped in some Silverstar Ultras and it is much better.
Planning on dropping in Xtreme power into her lights though.

I ran the Susquehanna harness and Hella lights with IPF Fatboy x4 bulbs. Those would MELT your eyes! Now I run HID and am thinking about going to Halogen Xtreme power.

Is the IPF a good and money-wise upgrade? - Yes.... with some Xtreme power bulbs, you will be very happy!
I wonder how the extreme power bulbs would do in the IPF housing?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

I wonder the same thing too....

My gf is happy with her Silverstars for now, so I just am going to wait for them to blow out ha.

My dad's stockers with the Extreme power is about the same brightness as my gf's IPFs with the silverstars. But hers has a better light spread. The Xtreme power is optimized for low beam performance, so high beam suffers slightly. (better than stock anyways) I would expect the XP bulbs to kick ass in the optimized IPF housing with the better light spread.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I wonder the same thing too....

My gf is happy with her Silverstars for now, so I just am going to wait for them to blow out ha.

My dad's stockers with the Extreme power is about the same brightness as my gf's IPFs with the silverstars. But hers has a better light spread. The Xtreme power is optimized for low beam performance, so high beam suffers slightly. (better than stock anyways) I would expect the XP bulbs to kick ass in the optimized IPF housing with the better light spread.
I may just go for the IPF housing and get the XP bulbs then
Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I may just go for the IPF housing and get the XP bulbs then
I might do the same. Glad someone posted you can just get the housing instead of the kit.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DarkS1de

I might do the same. Glad someone posted you can just get the housing instead of the kit.
Now I'm wondering if the Phillips xp would be the best or is there a better bulb?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
Does anyone know if these will direct fit into a 2012? I've been getting some conflicting info regarding lighting and electrical changes in the 2011 and 2012's.

Quick Reply: Opinions on IPF headlight conversion