Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

one of my KC off road lights stoped working..

Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one of my KC off road lights stoped working..

I installed a set of window mounted kc long range lights, they worked great for a couple years.
just the other night i hit the switch and i noticed the drivers side light delayed when the other one went on, then last night it would not turn on at all

thinking it is a wiring issue, but find it hard to believe I buttoned the wiring up tight, with it well mounted and water proofed all the way thru.

so I am no car wiring expert that was my first attempt at wiring into a car anything.

So does anyone have any ideas as to how to figure this out and get it working again, I believe it is not the bulb as like i said the other night it delayed a little when i turned it on, and last night stopped working all together

any help would be great..
even better any wiring experts in Vancouver?? hit me up, I will provide beer and bbq
Old 05-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try switching the lights and see if it still happens on the other side. If it's the light, get in contact with KC. I think there is a 23 year warrantee on their lights.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

where do the wires enter the cab to connect to the switch? I'd check there first. mine had rubbed raw in the a pillar
Old 05-16-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default just call em

Mine did this as well after about a year of being hooked up, I checked all connections, checked by switching the lights to opposite sides. After realizing that it was indeed the light itself...I called a KC rep and they sent me a new bulb (bulb,wire,connector) no questions asked! easiest call I've ever made. Just gotta take your housing apart and put in the new bulb harness.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

It could also be a burnt wire. If the wire isn't hooked up to the light correctly but is to the switch and or a power source, the wire will essentially burn right in front of you

Quick Reply: one of my KC off road lights stoped working..