Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Ok... Confession time! Who is using LED Offroad lights from Ebay?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 20" LED bar on my bumper, and 2 4" HID's on my A pillars. All from ebay, and so far not a single complaint.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3
I've got a 20" LED bar on my bumper, and 2 4" HID's on my A pillars. All from ebay, and so far not a single complaint.

Do you mind taking some pictures at night and letting us know the distance. Also the price on both and whether they shipped from US or china or vendor if you remember. There are so many choices on Fleabay, I want to make sure i order the same ones. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool

Do you mind taking some pictures at night and letting us know the distance. Also the price on both and whether they shipped from US or china or vendor if you remember. There are so many choices on Fleabay, I want to make sure i order the same ones. Thanks in advance.
I'll try to get some night pics this weekend. The LED bar I got for $200, and the 4" HIDs for $110. Neither came with a wiring harness so I made my own. I don't remember the vendors but I can try to look back to see if I can find them. They did come from China though, but neither took more than a week to get here.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
How far are those trees you're lighting up? When you get a chance, mind doing a low/high/all on pic? I've had some of these pods on my watch list for quite some time and I need someone to push me over the edge
Those trees aren't far at all, about 30 feet or so, they are more for lighting/flooding light right near the jeep, even those the ones I got were the spot pattern. And after the weekend I can do the low/high/all pictures
, the perfect light combo these LEDs on and my high beams on.
I say just get them and if you don't like them you can always use them for other applications, I was gonna use them on my boat if they were too much of a flood pattern but it turned out really nice on my jeep!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Installed ebay lights

Here's mine. Installed yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cree lights.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	502018  
Old 10-02-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jekyll2000
Here's mine. Installed yesterday.
Nighttime pics if you get a chance?!
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on these little eBay pods
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
Nighttime pics if you get a chance?!
I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on these little eBay pods
Will do. I'll try and get pics to night.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Benm1020
I'm using the Cree led 18w spots I got 2 for $60 on ebay. I tied them into the fogs with an inline fuse. They are stupidly bright! They will blind you if you look right at it and it lights up the trail perfectly

Attachment 500462

Attachment 500463
Are these the same ones shown in your pictures?

2pcs 3" CREE LED Dually D2 Driving Light Off Road ATV UTV Marine Dune Buggy Pair | eBay
Old 10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Are any of the lights actually MADE in the USA? Even Rigid had to change their marketing to Assembled in the USA.

Don't get me wrong, I have had a few different Rigid lights and they work great, one light bar that had issues was repaired under warranty, no questions asked.

If I buy another set of lights, it would prob be a cheaper set from one of the other companies.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DaKahuna
Are any of the lights actually MADE in the USA? Even Rigid had to change their marketing to Assembled in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I have had a few different Rigid lights and they work great, one light bar that had issues was repaired under warranty, no questions asked. If I buy another set of lights, it would prob be a cheaper set from one of the other companies.
No, I'm pretty sure all of these eBay lights are made in china