Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Offroad light question

Old 01-23-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad light question

I have searched and found many different opinions. First I am looking for windshield mounts for lights and I think I like the Smittybuilt/Mopar ones due to them sitting lower. Now my question is lights. I had PIAA before on my old Xterra and liked them, but the model number I had they quit making a couple of years ago and I can't find them. Other PIAA lights I really don't care for. I really liked my IPF lights that I had. Those that have the IPF lights, one are they bright enough/lighting up the road and two do they reflect on the hood at all? I think I am looking at the IPF 968.
I see alot of people with the KC lights and Lightforce lights. Anyone care to talk me out of IPF? If so what do you suggest? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Lightforce, but if you are on a budget you might have to consider something else.
And if you haven't read already, a spot beam rather than flood is recommended for the windshield mounts (but the Lightforce is adjustable, like a mag-light)

Quick Reply: Offroad light question