Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Off Road Lights And Daystar Panels

Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Lights And Daystar Panels

Im about to buy a daystart switch pannel. i have 4 kc's i want to get 4 more, and i have 4 fog lights in my bumpers. what guage wires should i use to get the most out of my lights?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tag for future reference. I have seen a few posts that the Daystar switch panel, the one adjacent to the shifter, may be too close to the shifter. You may hit the switches when you shift gears, with a manual transmission.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Didn't the KC's come with the wiring harnesses? or are you talking about the 55w fogs.. if so I would use 14 or 16 gauge - either will work.. I tend to over do things.. so I would use 14

From the switch to the relay you can use 16 or even 18
could i buy 130watt bulbs to make it brighter? and if i did would i have to step up my wire guages?

Originally Posted by Drsalee
Tag for future reference. I have seen a few posts that the Daystar switch panel, the one adjacent to the shifter, may be too close to the shifter. You may hit the switches when you shift gears, with a manual transmission.
Ah have there been a lot of complaints about a manual hitting switches?
Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am sorry, I am confused.. are you talking about your fogs or KC lights.. ?
wow excuse me to way to many's tonight im all fubar-ed. my fogs are 55watts and my kc's are 130. could i buy 130 watt bulbs for my fogs and put a bigger guage wire on them to make them as bright as my kc's? and yea kc came with wiring harnesses but if i but bigger wires would it make them brighter?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's what I have know and what I have been told By a trusted source (Happy C)

The OEM fogs are 45w and if you go with a larger wattage bulb they will cause an overdraw in that system and shut it down or blow the bulbs.. so I would recommend using the same wattage..

The second set of fogs - if you are running your own wires and relay, then you can go with a heavier Gage wire and relay and a larger wattage bulb.. just be careful not to over heat and melt the housing. (not sure what kind you have or if they are another set of stock). .so I am just surmising

The KC's - bigger wire will not make them any brighter- use the harnesses provided by them..

Hope this helps...
ah ok thank you

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights And Daystar Panels