Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Off Road Lights

Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ward adams
Well we have busted our asses for 10+ years and are just getting a little$. What do you do?
My wife is a Chartered Accountant
Originally Posted by lc619fr
Firefighter, garbage men make more around here then I do.
Amen to that brother. We are finally getting new uniforms so we don't look like em. Take off our patches and badge and we all look alike.

My 0.02 on lights. I have the KC 6" Long range slim lights. I don't do alot of trail riding at night but they sure come in handy on long trips at night. I also added the KC 57 series back up lights. They are inexpensive and they work great.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Get PIAA's!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PetePorterJK
With the KC slimlites which do ya'll recomend on the windshield. the driving or the long range?
Really depends on what you want to do with them. Remember that its not legal to drive with the lights on above your hood on public roads (atleast in almost every state i believe), so you will only be using them off road. I just installed a set of long Range on my windshield, and a set of driving on my bumper, in addition to the my stock headlights and foglights (yes, 8 lights, you can never have to many)....
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put on the new Hella Rally 4000 Compacts with Mopar mounts. Nice, bright lights. I also have three 8" Baja Designs HID's on my work truck (lots of offroad night driving). Buy the best lights you can get.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030115.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	12701  
Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ward adams
WHO CARES WHAT'S LEGAL! iF THE PIGS CAN CATCH ME FOR LIGHTS THEY CAN GIVE ME A TICKET.
I guess it is more about common courtesy to other drivers on the road. It isn't illeagal to habe windsheild ligts, or lights on a roof rack et... It is just illeagal to run them on the highway there which is just common sense.

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights